A wednesday.




It's a Wednesday.


Grant's super excited because he's now officially earned 
four way-cool Transformers from his star charts.
for stuff like staying in bed at bedtime, listening super-well to mom, 
and sharing with Grace.

Grace is in her bed.
notice she's in her bed, not napping.
The Houdini herself can get out of every.single.way I tape/wrap/finagle her clothes onto her for nap.  And thus she keeps herself awake.
and thus I've cleaned up more than a few messes suitable for a hazmat squad.

so, as she's in her crib, I review for my Bible study tonight.
our last night in Colossians.
----
...Be steadfast in prayer...
{be courageously persistent in prayer, hold fast and not let go!}
 Colossians 4:2

My heart was challenged this week by the above passage and the parable in Luke 11.

What are you praying for today?
What are you praying for that seems unanswered?

Luke 11 tells us to keep on praying.  don't stop.  don't stop by an answer that seems like "no".

"...because of his persistence he will rise and give him whatever he needs..."
verse 8 of Luke 11

As we approach Orphan Sunday, a topic that's so close to my heart that I can barely even write about on this little blog of mine with out just breaking down and crying, I will keep on keeping on praying for the 147 million orphans in this world.  that go to bed with out someone to put clean, soft, fresh jammies on them. with out someone to rock them and hold them close.  with out someone to kiss their boo-boos and love them forever.  
Those are the orphans I pray for.
every.single.day.

and my unanswered prayer today? that I will keep on keeping on praying for?
for a sweet, sweet boy in Ug@nda who I will forever love and plead justice for.
pray with me, will you?

-----

The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.
James 5:17



Leave a Comment

Chrissy said...

I will probably be in tears, too, on Sunday. We can cry together, and pray for justice for these sweet children who have gone their whole lives with none. Pray for our hearts to be broken for them, for our call to action to be clear for our lives.

I'll bring extra tissue.

Danna said...

Our oldest would somehow get out of her clothes too *shuddering* at the messes I cleaned up.
Orphan Sunday sounds heartbreaking, I will be praying as well.
I gave you the Liebster award http://danna-3pinkcupcakes.blogspot.com/2011/11/award-and-our-day.html

Jen said...

Thank you, Anna, for sharing your heart. I often think of orphans and my heart goes out to them. I have wanted to add another child to our family for so many years either by adoption or biologically, but as of yet, God has not yet given the go ahead on that. I am unclear as to why. I pray off and on about this and trust that He knows what is best and I remind myself to trust Him completely with the outcome of His choice in light of my desires. It has been a long wait, as my only child is now 15. I will keep trusting, and I am thankful beyond words for the gift of my daughter. At times, though, I am moved to tears. Thanks again for sharing.

The Arizona Russums said...

my heart is for the orphans as well. i can't wait to adopt someday!

minihousemightyhearts said...

What an amazing post! Are you trying to read the Bible within a year challenge? I SO WANT TO DO THIS, but I just haven't started yet! I think I'm definitely going to give it a go come January 1st!!