Change of Plans.





oh, my.

as I just tucked my littlest in bed, I breathe a sigh of relief and sit down with this.

grande nonfat latte.  even better in a pretty red holiday cup, right?

I had big plans for today.
like maybe the children's museum, Monkey Joe's, or a host of other play options.
they all went out the window at about 10 a.m. when Grant started seeming really, really sick.
we've been battling that cough-and-cold nastiness for the past couple of weeks.

As Grant burst into tears over something seemingly small early this morning, I hugged him and right then threw my mental to-do list out the window.

We all spent the day in our jammies. 
I had Diet Coke delivered to my door. 
Jimmy Johns, i love you.

I took deep breaths, kept both sickish kids as happy as possible
{the almost 5-year-old even napped!}
and realized that nothing on my to-do list was more important than these two small sweet things.
even when Grant told me to stop smiling at him.
ya know little man, when I don't feel well, I kinda don't want people smiling at me, either.

We survived the day.  even pretty well, all things considered.
and a pretty red holiday cup makes a lot of things better.

right now?
thankful His Mercies are new every morning.

and really, really thankful for early-to-bed kiddos.



--------


The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases;
   his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.

Lamentations 3:22-23



Leave a Comment

amy said...

Aww. Sorry you have sickies and your big plans were cancelled. Amen, to new mercies every day. :) And diet coke delivered to your door. Perfect.

Anonymous said...

Did you take that picture? That holiday cup is cUTE!

I hope the little one feels better!

xoxo,
megs [at] Shine On

Elle said...

Aw, Mommy, bet your kidlets were so happy to have you there... even if you did smile too much.

Hope everyone is feeling better ver soon.

Emily said...

Aw never fun to have sick babies, but things like Starbux n Jimmy Johns totally help! Hope everyone is feeling better!

Up is Better, Wide-Angled Lens said...

Just found your blog...stayed because I have a special needs son who always kept me grateful for heath. And because this morning, I wrote on my blog that "His mercies are new every morning." I took it off because it got too long, but this confirms what I sensed for me! Thank you for writing:)