breathing.




Right now,
{I kinda smell like throw-up}.

it was naptime.
We were rocking.
and then coughing.
and then throw up.

And with that, my day changed.
these will wait.



the crazy mounds of laundry will get folded
{shirt by shirt}
eventually.

i sigh.
for a moment,
i wish.

to not step over legos.
to not go from sickness-to-sickness.
to sleep.
to make a phone call.

but then,
this.


and i realize.
i realize that when the day comes that i'm not stepping over legos.
the dishes and laundry are done.
the cushions are always on the couch.

when that day comes?
my heart will ache for these days.

so, for now?
i will shower the throw up off, rock the baby girl, and breathe.


----

a friend introduced me to the Extraordinary Ordinary's Just Write.
love it. 
and love my friend Love.

Leave a Comment

Anonymous said...

Aww! I LOVE "sweet" moments like these! When you feel like you're about to pull all your hair out- then suddenly, you are overwhelmed with God's grace. One day at a time; one thing at a time. Hang in there- hope y'all are doing well!

Kirby said...

My day was somewhat similar. So full of challenges, but always rewarding! These are the days we will cherish forever!

shellycoulter said...

Love this! Can so relate and I think our days were probably much alike today. (minus the throw, sorry you had that!)

Unknown said...

that's right my friend. one day we will wish for these days. these days of chaos and never-ending clean up....and snuggles, and baby kisses, and pitter patter.

beautiful words.

NLS 1993 said...

I feel this. Whenever my kids are in that place of need, so sick or so tired or so...whatever, I'm brought back to what really matters. I love that.

Jen said...

Hi Anna! I hope your children are feeling better by now. I just wanted to let you know that I decided to forgo the purchase of the sample and just go for it to get the 1 pound size. I look forward to trying it, and I am thrilled to be able to support your adoption fund.

Jen :)

Unknown said...

NASA website 3 news, new year, NASA's uggs on sale Solar Dynamics Observatory satellite atmospheric imaging assembly photographed a mysterious phenomenon on the sun - a huge "black hole" appears in the Antarctic region of the christian louboutin remise 50% sun, covering almost a quarter christian louboutin of ugg soldes the sun.Scientists Air Jordan 11 Gamma Blue say this is a Christian Louboutin Bois Dore huge black hole coronal holes, it cheap nike jordan shoes is christian louboutin shoes a piece of the solar corona layer of dark, low-density areas. In the far Cheap Louis Vuitton Handbags ultraviolet irradiation, and it looks Christian Louboutin Daffodile bleak, as if wholesale jordan shoes the ugg pas cher sun is the center of the black abyss depth.Although the uggs outlet satellite images, the coronal holes and no solar activity, but in fact it releases a Cheap LV Handbags violent solar cheap jordans storms, and the discount christian louboutin speed of 500 miles / Discount Louis Vuitton sec discount nike jordans spewing solar particles, three times elsewhere in ugg australia the solar wind velocity.Scientists are Bags Louis Vuitton still studying specific causes of coronal holes, but it seems to be related to regional magnetic activity increased. Discount LV Handbags NASA says the solar coronal hole is one of the ugg boots most remarkable features.NASA also said that cheap christian louboutin "due to the possibility of the coronal hole in the ugg most southern sun, the solar wind affect humans on Earth is unlikely.