Today




today, my kitchen island looks like this




because my favorite four year old and I ...



 were busy making a red paper lightening-fast race track.




 and today, every single time this sweet girl



said {mommy hold you}...

...I stopped what I was doing
{like making potato soup for my last Bible study of the semester tonight}
 



...and I held her very, very close.


Today, I played monster trucks.
shot dart guns.
read princess books.
played tag.
got beat in tag.
rocked a baby girl to sleep.
played scientist with a preschooler.



Today, my kitchen island looks like this




and I am very, very okay with that.






Leave a Comment

Danna said...

It sounds like an absolutely lovely day!
I love days like that, simple days spent hanging out with the kiddos.

Becca at One Girl said...

beautiful.

Elle said...

What a great time you all had today.!

Jen said...

That is sweet, Anna. I love it. Sounds like a fun, laid back day. I could sure use more of those. Thanks for sharing.

Jen said...

Hi Anna,

After writing my last post, I thought I should look into your laundry soap for your adoption fund. I typically buy soap that is free of perfume and dyes and is safe for sensitive skin. Can you tell me more about the soap in that regard?

Thanks!

Anna said...

Hi Jen!

first of all, I just read your lat post, and I checked that jewelry out! I love it!!! I've never heard of it before, and was so happy to read about it! will definitely look at it as I christmas shop! :)

And, thanks for asking about the laundry soap! It's absolutely perfume-chemical-dye free. :) The reason I started making it was because when our daughter (Grace, 2 1/2) was a baby, she had crazy bad excema and super sensitive skin. I couldn't find a laundry soap sensitive enough that wasn't also crazy expensive! so, i started making my own - and still do! About a year ago I started selling it to friends and family for our adoption, and I just listed on Etsy. So far everyone who's used it has loved it as much as I have!

It will just make your clothes smell "Clean", not like chemicals, which I love.

if you're interested, I do have a sample for sale that you could get to just check it out:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/85054356/sample-of-more-than-laundry-detergent

please let me know if you have any other questions. :)

Jen said...

Thank you, Anna, for getting back to me! As I have thought about all of the things God has laid on my heart about caring for the poor and needy in this world, I LOVE to find practical ways to incorporate that with what I already do. I was just thinking how cool it would be to get my laundry soap from you, and then EVERY time I did a load of laundry, I would be reminded to pray for you and your precious child in Uganda. I just got home from work so I am kinda worn out, but I plan to order my first batch of laundry soap from you tomorrow.
God's richest blessings on you and your beautiful family!

Unknown said...

a resounding {YES} my friend.
me too.