Thanksgiving Eve





It's the day before Thanksgiving and
I called my best friend four times today.
we met when we were 15.
and pretty much have been best friends since.

the crazy thing is is that I never had important stuff to tell her...
i told her how it doesn't feel like Christmas to me yet, though my trip to the mall
with all of the pre-black-friday shoppers; the Christmas decoration; salvation army bells...
it started to get me excited.
a four-year-old exclaiming Christmas lights! Santa! toys! it's CHRISTMAS! was helping. 

i told her how much the small things made me happy today.

like pretty eggs.


homemade burlap wreaths.



and warm chocolate brown paint for our sunroom that looks 
extra cozy with twinkly white lights added in the windows.



we chatted about our Thanksgivings.
We're spending tomorrow as everyone should
{lots of family and lots of food!}

if I were to call you today 
{if even to just tell you about my Bobbi Brown make up purchase}
I'd tell you that I'd hope you were going to drama-free family tomorrow. that you'd have your favorite food just the way you would serve it, and that you'd be surrounded by love.


May your Thanksgiving, wherever you're at, be blessed!

---------
...When you have eaten and are satisfied, 
praise the LORD your God....
deut. 8:10

Leave a Comment

Anonymous said...

Lol- think this git sent twice :;) sorry

Allison said...

That is beautiful! I hope you had a great holiday