Friends






We've had lots of fun around here recently.


 

Dear, dear friends from our Dallas Seminary days came to visit us.  
you know, the kind of friends that even after not seeing each other for 3 years you can pick up right where you left off? 
 These friends of ours met us almost 10 years ago, 
when Matt and I had been married for just three months. {three months!}


for four days our household had a 1,2,3 and 4-year-old in it.
i loved it. a tad crazy at times, but the fun-and-fabulous-kinda-crazy.

we had lots of food, lots of playing, and lots of late night talks.
which proved I'm not as young as I used to be.

but oh-how-it-was worth these 2-in-the-morning nights, as my spirit was refreshed by these sweet friends of ours. how encouraging it is to visit with friends that walk this journey of ministry and raising-little-kids with us.  who will listen, laugh, and love on us when our souls get weary.  
these friends have walked with us during some of our hardest days...

{after our third miscarriage, as I was getting ready to go into surgery, my dear friend called me.  she told me she was so, so sorry...and cried with me on the phone.  at the time she apologized, but the way her heart hurt for us spoke more to me than her words could have}.

we are forever, forever grateful to them.
and promised not to go 3 more years with out seeing them!

love your friends today. encourage them.  pray for them.  
call them.  email them. text them. be vulnerable with them. trust them. challenge them. 
it will be worth it. 

-------------------

Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.
Proverbs 27:17



Leave a Comment

Sarah {the fontenot four} said...

What a great reminder - being grateful for friends and to encourage and pray for them always.

Anonymous said...

New follower from the October 28 Follower Fest. I just love your blog, and can't wait to learn more about you!

xoxo,
megs [at] Shine On

Dawnee said...

What a sweet blog! And now I have "Just as I Am" going through my head. :) Love love LOVE that hymn! Found you through the follwer's fest. :)

Danna said...

I am so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful time together! Great friends are such a blessing.

Jen said...

So happy to hear about your time with your friends! I know completely what you mean when you say "refreshing". I have experienced sweet moments like that myself with friends, and those times are priceless, to say the least.

minihousemightyhearts said...

Hi Anna! Thanks for stopping by! Chumbo is quite amazing, and that ltitle man of yours is ADORABLE! <3 your newest follower!

Lace said...

Hi Anna! Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you for the sweet comment! I love your post.. and praise the Lord for those kind of sweet last-a-lifetime-friends!

Anonymous said...

aww what a great reminder of love and camraderie! thanks for this!

Mae said...

Found you on Followers Fest. I see that you share my passion for orphans! So awesome to find people with similar passions :)

maemcconnell.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

It's an remarkable post for all the online users; they will get
advantage from it I am sure.

Also visit my webpage :: accident funny