Birthday!




 Happy Birthday to me!

-----

i was greeted yesterday with cinnamon rolls and streamers. chocolate cake and good coffee.
  and then unwrapped sweet presents from my wonderful family.

My favorite four-year-old gave me a specially built lego truck.
just for me.



 and a space ship.
complete with an astronaut.

{it just might have been my favorite gift.}

  

And Matt and I were so privileged to go to a dinner banquet...
where I got to where real, non-running-shorts-for-clothes



...that included lots of good food, special conversations, and inspiring speeches.
including one honoring Howard G. Hendricks, 
a professor Matt had at Dallas Theological Seminary.

I was brought to tears by this special man's 60+ year ministry.

and as I sat in the banquet hall on my birthday,
I was struck by Howard Hendricks' life and legacy.

If I could flash-forward to my 40th birthday...60th birthday...
90th birthday...

what would a 5-minute-video summarizing my life include?

hopefully that I ate lots of chocolate cake.  
 {calories can stop counting at 90, right?}

and
had loved really, really well.
and taught these sweet ones to love their sweet ones really well, too.
 



31.
i think it's going to be a good year.

Leave a Comment

Tamera Beardsley said...

Happy Birthday Anna! Wishing you all the best in your new year!

ali v. said...

what a lovely little birthday! I love the Lego gifts ;) I think 31 is going to be a fabulous year for you...and you should eat chocolate cake whenever you want! I do ;) xoxo {av} | {long distance loving}

Anna said...

thank-you, Tamera and AV! and, definitely a good goal - to eat chocolate cake whenever I want. <3

Unknown said...

Aw, love the last picture. It does look like it will be a wonderful year. Happy beltated Birthday!

Thanks so much for coming by my blog too.

Hope you're having a wonderful Monday!

amy said...

Oh, hope you had a happy birthday! Your space ship gift is my kind of gift. :) Cute!

Unknown said...

happy belated birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Aw happy belated birthday!!

So glad y'all got to go to a banquet dinner! Sounds like it was well worth it!!

My fil has worked at DTS for decades! He is the arts creative director there and my dad has spent many years taking courses at DTS also!

I read this article once about how I'd want to be remembered: well loved or loved well. I'd definitely want the latter and ever since have worked so hard serving those whom God placed in my life.

Again, happy birthday. :)

Danna said...

Happy Be-lated Birthday Anna!
The banquet dinner sounds amazing! I love the pictures that you post :)

Anna said...

Thank-you, Dannna! It was amazing. :D

And, Faith! small world that your FIL worked at DTS! awesome. And, that's how I'd love to be remembered, too. <3