Personality.




 Grace.  



My 2 1-2 year-old shoe thief.

--------

According to this quick little quiz checklist in Matt's Bible Study lesson,
I am a sanguine personality.

I hadn't taken that exact test before, but I guess it fits.
Chatty. Generous. Friendly. Optimistic.
{The glass is definitely always more-than-half full in my world!}

Energetic. Creative. Spontaneous.
A few weeks ago a friend asked me to go to Africa with her.
In 4 days.
I considered it!


This crazy checklist may have included stuff like
hard-time-following-through.  disorganized. forgetful. 

Have I mentioned that I had to scavenge in my vehicle last week for my 4-year-olds show and tell? 
i promise to start cleaning our vehicle out more, but
bless that unopened apple juice box to be our "starts with a" item that day!

I love personality tests. Really. They're a fun glimpse ourselves.

You see, sometimes (well, most of the time?) I do feel kind of, well, crazy. 
Like maybe I'm just a half a step behind responsible.

But ya know?
We are fearfully and wonderfully made.
Even in all my crazed disorganization. All of my crazed attempts to be on top of things.
Fearfully and wonderfully made.

I kinda don't feel like that as I'm praying to not run out of gas on my to preschool.
But I can trust that He is the potter.
And although my clay is kinda forgetful and undisciplined. loud and messy.
He will mold it.
Into just the shape He wants it to be.
For His glory, not mine.

And I can trust that His grace is sufficient.

So as I scavenge for show and tell and contemplate going barefoot on a Sunday morning because I cannot find my dark red faux alligator heels, 
{seriously.}
I believe that His power is made perfect in weakness.


Thank goodness, huh?

------------------

....Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, 
so that the power of Christ may rest upon me...
2 Corinthians

Leave a Comment

Megan said...

This is so me too! Yes, Thank God!

Sarah Ann said...

I love this - so true! We are so blessed that God lifts the burdens off of our shoulders!!
I do so love your blog!!

Chrissy said...

Anna,
This was good thing for me to hear today. Thanks.
Also, I love personality tests. I think they are so fun!
Love,
C

Anna said...

Glad I'm not the only one like this. :) And, Sarah Ann - glad we "found" each other. :) been reading your blog and loving it! :)

Jen said...

Hi Anna!

I just discovered your blog through Faith Blogs, I think it is called. Anyway, I love it! It is so refreshing to see someone writing about the things that I care about as well. My husband is also a full time pastor as of last January and it is both rewarding and at times challenging (in regards to his schedule). :) The necklaces you are selling look like they are through Bead for Life. I recently discovered their jewelry at a retreat for women through my church 2 weeks ago. I ordered a bunch of loose beads for myself and plan to make Christmas gifts out of them. Anyway, I love your blog, and it is a blessing to see someone whose heart is on the same page as my own. God bless you and your precious family! You are blessed to be able to be at home with your children.

Unknown said...

his power being made perfect in weakness is something i cling to daily. i claim it in my marriage and in my parenting. its a journey- a precious, fleeting journey and i don't want to miss a moment in my weakness. so glad He is walking with me :)

Anonymous said...

I'm really enjoying the design and layout of your site.
It's a very easy on the eyes which makes it much morfe
enjoyable for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to create your theme?
Superb work!

Here is my weblog - throne rush hack ios