Thursday Morning





it's Thursday morning.
Since our schedule is a bit different than most, with my husband working on Sundays,
Thursdays are usually family days.  But, his schedule is a bit different this week since he hasn't felt well.

so, the kiddos and I are hanging out this morning.  I'm playing trains and legos and superstructs! and basically keeping Grace from climbing everything. it's great. we needed a down day! where I should be doing laundry, but somehow get caught up in, well, life.
and trains are so much more important anyway, right?

so, if we had a coffee playdate together this morning,
{grande nonfat latte for me}
what would you share with me?


I'd tell you how much this sweet girl


thinks all of her stuffed animals are hungry.
Moo eat!



I'd tell you how thankful I am that it's fall and how much I am loving this weather. how I really need to go to the grocery store. how silly excited I am for the premiere of Grey's Anatomy tonight.

I'd tell you how I'm loving our new church's Bible study on Colossians, and how the Lord is seriously teaching me about how Christ is the head of the body {the church} 
and how that makes us His hands and His feet.

and how challenged I am to make sure I'm living out His purpose for me. 
not the purpose I think I need to be doing. 

His purpose may look different than what I thought it would, 
{like my friend who's in Ug*nda right now bringing her 2 older boys home!},
but that's okay.  His plan and purpose are best. always.

 So, as I play trains and rock to sleep and try to get some laundry folded, I remind myself that I'm truly the hands and feet of Jesus. 
And I'd tell you that I hope that I'm doing that with all my heart. 

And by that point, I'd need another cup of coffee.





Leave a Comment

Elle said...

Beautiful post.

Danna said...

Anna, I just love reading your blog. I'm sorry to hear that your husband is under the weather, I hope he feels better soon.
Yes, you are right, playing trains is much more important that laundry.
Coffee with friends sounds wonderful.
Your daughter is such a cutie!
Such a wonderful post Anna!
P.S. I got some new coffee creamer, International Delight Cinnamon Dolce Cream, the best creamer ever!

Anna said...

Thank-you, Elle. And Danna, you're just too kind. Thank-you. I'm so glad we found each other in this blog world! And, yes, wish you lived closer - I'd tell you to bring your sweet girls and we'd have coffee and play together. :) And I will look for that creamer - is it sweet, though? I'm not a huge sweet coffee fan, but sometimes I like a little flavor.

Sarah Ann said...

I so love your blog! I'm glad you ran into mine so that I could read yours! I'm going to go stalk it a bit more, but I just wanted to let you know already! You have such a lovely heart, and I love that you guys want to adopt. Something we so look forward to one day.

Anna said...

Sarah Ann, thank-you for finding me! :) I love faith blogs, and love finding new friends that way. :) Loooking forward to getting to "know" you through your blog..and again, congrats on being pregnant!

Malia said...

HI! what a great post! saw a link to your site on thesitsgirls.com, so i thought i'd check it out and follow you! :-)

if you get the chance, stop by my blog http://livinthemommylife.blogspot.com

Meg@our something new said...

Welcome to FaithBlogs!

Also...I was excited to see Grey's this week too :)

Anonymous said...

Ηi! I've been reading your website for a long time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Humble Tx! Just wanted to mention keep up the great job!

Feel free to surf to my blog post 888 Poker Bonus **