Childlike Faith




Our sweet Grace
who will commandeer anything in the house {like her momma's pony tail holders}
that can at-all-resemble a bracelet, necklace, or other sparkly accessory



accidentally burnt her wrist on the skillet this morning.
I was right.there. and just couldn't stop her fast enough. 
serious momma guilt over this!

lots and lots of cold water, 
{more than a few} tears and some snuggling with her Oatmeal bear later and all was fine.

And then, awhile later,
while in the car,
this sweet boy...
 




...all-of-a-sudden burst out with 
we should pray for Gracie's boo-boo.

Absolutely, buddy, we should absolutely pray for it.
You wanna pray right now?

he did.
His prayer?

Dear God,
Thank-you for today.
Thank-you that you will heal Gracie's boo-boo.
In Jesus' name,
Amen


wow. 
some serious child-like faith in that prayer, huh?
No worrying, no stressing over the situation.
simple trust that He will heal Gracie's boo-boo.



and right then,
in those few quick moments in our car, 
with Gracie holding her bear, Grant in mis-matched sweats, 
and me wearing my good-'ole running shorts,
my faith was challenged.
 

Do I pray with such faith?
that God will work?
that He will accomplish His will?
that my prayers will be answered?


I hope so. 


-------------

...But let him ask in faith, with no doubting...
James 1:6

Leave a Comment

Becca at One Girl said...

Thank you for the follow! Following you back! To have child-like faith again - what a beautiful gift, simple heartfelt prayers & absolute trust. My Bible study group is going through Colossians - we just decided as our previous study ended. I'm excited to dig deep - I've never gone through that particular book in full before.

ps. I love the old fashion pancakes from your previous post!

Allison B said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog! :) You have a great blog here and beaUtiful kiddos. I hope I am as successful as you in raising a son with unconditional faith. :) I would love to make a donation to your adoption fund, if you have one. Very nice to "meet" you here in blogland. God Bless!

Heidi said...

Good reminder!

Katie said...

Hi Anna,

I would love to be in contact with you! Would you mind emailing me at katieatfaithblogs@gmail.com?

Blessings,
Katie

Katie said...

Hi Anna,

I would love to be in contact with you! Would you mind sending me your email address to katieatfaithblogs@gmail.com? :)

Blessings,
Katie

Anna said...

Allison, you're so sweet to want to make a donation to our adoption fund! If you click on "help us help orphans" at the top of the blog, you can see where I'm selling Ugandan bed necklaces. Or, If you'd rather not buy a necklace, you can just donate ---our paypal is pastormattwalker [at] gmail [dot] com.

And, Katie, I did email you, but my email is aw51102 [at] gmail [dot] com

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, this post brought tears to my eyes! How beautiful! I love children can sometimes be the best of spiritual rolemodels, and they're not even trying.

Your blog is just lovely, I'm so glad I discovered it!!

Love,
Elizabeth

Stephanie said...

Love this post so much! How often the Lord uses children to teach us such challenging lessons! Good stuff!

Unknown said...

NASA website 3 news, new year, NASA's uggs on sale Solar Dynamics Observatory satellite atmospheric imaging assembly photographed a mysterious phenomenon on the sun - a huge "black hole" appears in the Antarctic region of the christian louboutin remise 50% sun, covering almost a quarter christian louboutin of ugg soldes the sun.Scientists Air Jordan 11 Gamma Blue say this is a Christian Louboutin Bois Dore huge black hole coronal holes, it cheap nike jordan shoes is christian louboutin shoes a piece of the solar corona layer of dark, low-density areas. In the far Cheap Louis Vuitton Handbags ultraviolet irradiation, and it looks Christian Louboutin Daffodile bleak, as if wholesale jordan shoes the ugg pas cher sun is the center of the black abyss depth.Although the uggs outlet satellite images, the coronal holes and no solar activity, but in fact it releases a Cheap LV Handbags violent solar cheap jordans storms, and the discount christian louboutin speed of 500 miles / Discount Louis Vuitton sec discount nike jordans spewing solar particles, three times elsewhere in ugg australia the solar wind velocity.Scientists are Bags Louis Vuitton still studying specific causes of coronal holes, but it seems to be related to regional magnetic activity increased. Discount LV Handbags NASA says the solar coronal hole is one of the ugg boots most remarkable features.NASA also said that cheap christian louboutin "due to the possibility of the coronal hole in the ugg most southern sun, the solar wind affect humans on Earth is unlikely.