Wednesday.






Tonight was roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, and steamed broccoli for supper.
super, super good.

{roasted chicken for the rest of the family. 
my mostly vegetarian self just cannot eat chicken}

the day didn't start off as smoothly.
we spent 40 minutes {forty minutes!} looking for Grant's shoes this morning.
he was about to go barefoot to preschool.
seriously, folks. FORTY minutes to find shoes.

they will now religiously go where they're supposed to. 
at least until the 2-year-old shoe thief walks off with them again.

the kiddos are now sleeping. my wonderful husband that spent the forty minutes shoe-searching with me this morning is at an evening meeting.  i squeezed in a quick run and am about to make some dunkin' donuts decaf coffee, add lots of half and half, and sit down. i'll browse some recipes from magazines piled up {clean eating and fine cooking are a couple of my favorites!}, look at some road race calendars and try to convince myself to register for an upcoming 10K, and keep reading in Colossians.

{a good way to end a day that didn't start so smoothly!}

oh, about the roasted chicken?

so good even the animals liked it.



Leave a Comment

Cherie said...

Nice pot for that chicken. LOL :) Sounds like a wonderful meal. Shoes go off before getting in the house...the only way to keep them in one place! My nice shoes, however, are frequently carried off by the three year old shoe thief.

Casa De Luna said...

I want to sign up for a 5K, I'm not sure I can handle a 10K yet. I should buy some decaf coffee for the evening. It sounds like you're having a great night!

Becca at One Girl said...

My Bible study is reading Colossians right now. I am liking it so far, it's a great book!

Chrissy said...

My niece (one and a half) is also a shoe thief. I will say, she comes by it honestly as my sister & I love shoes. She also will open your purse, find your cash, and walk away like the world's cutest bandit. Where do they learn this stuff?

Danna said...

The chicken looks good and dinner sounds GOOD!
Sorry to hear about the missing shoes, ugh for rough mornings!
The coffee sounds good, don't you love evening unwinding :)

Jen said...

Sounds like a lovely relaxing evening! (Sigh...) I truly appreciate those since I work 2-3 evenings per week. An evening with calm is treasured every time it presents itself. I love coffee too with plenty of half and half! If we lived in the same community, it would be great to meet in person to share our hearts. Have a great evening with your family!