Another Pancake Night!




Saturday night
usually means pancake night in our household.
cheap, easy, fast.
which is completely what our family needs as we head into Sunday morning!

Tonight was pancake night, blueberry style.


One of my favorite pancake tips?
I usually have my own "pancake mix" ready-to-go.


When I measure dry ingredients out to make a batch of pancakes,
I'll measure the same ingredients into 2 or 3 other bowls.
then dump the extra bowls into ziploc baggies and label them.

That way, on nights like tonight, when we're even more busy than normal
and the kids are more tired and need more attention 
and my house is a lego explosion so I can barely walk through the kitchen
all I have to do is dump the bag out, add the milk, egg, butter,
and cook.

{I happened to run out of baking powder when I made this - I do usually add all of the dry ingredients together!}

For some reason, having the dry ingredients pre-mixed makes the whole process way simpler.
{I do this for muffins, too! my own muffin mix!}

I haven't bought Bisquick or other pancake mix in years
because of this tip my mom taught me.
hope it helps you, too!

---------

notice the blog name change?
more about that tomorrow.

Leave a Comment

Danna said...

This is such a smart idea! Love it!
I can't wait to hear about the name change!

Lizzie Barbie said...

Looks delicious.
new follower from the sits girls forum.

Becca at One Girl said...

I love that idea - what a great time saver! Can't wait for the story behind thenname change :)

Elle said...

Love pancakes. At our place, my husband makes them on Saturday mornings.

But I do like them for dinner occasionally too.

Your mix is a great idea.

Jami said...

We have breakfast for dinner all the time! I love that you have it pre mixed, I'm going to try that ;)