Muscled-Up Meatballs and More...




I'm always looking for ways to get some protein into Grant, but am often grabbing food as he's hungry right.this.second! So, I made a double batch of Muscle-Upped Meatballs this afternoon! Lean beef, veggies, some spices = good stuff for Grant! :)

We (read: Matt) installed the mother of all carseats this weekend - the Britax Boulevard. It's a beast of a carseat, but it's SO stable and sturdy! And, Grant can stay rear-facing, which is much safer, for at least another 6 months!

But, since he just moved out of his infant seat, today was our first shopping trip to Target where he actually rode in the seat part of the cart! I was a little nervous on my way, wondering how it'd go. After a year of having a baby and settling into such a comfortable routine, I felt like a brand-new parent all-over again trying to figure out how to shuffle Grant from the carseat to the store.

Never fear, though, it all worked out and Grant LOVED riding in the cart. I had to not stop quickly, though, or he'd kind of wobble! :)

Matt brought home Panera tonight for supper, so I'm off to clean up the kitchen and warm the soup up!

Leave a Comment

Unknown said...

Stephanie and Jessie made a "grocery cart-seat cover" which I thought a bit much. Then I began seeing wipes available at grocery stores to wipe the cart handles down, and bam! I understood. The handle is exactly mouth height for many, and to think how dirty it is! Yuck! Now I understand the seat covers.

I vaguely remember taking you or Rob from the car to the store and putting one of you into the cart - once you could sit up. I do remember carrying Rob as a baby with one arm, and reaching for things with the other hand and then one-hand pushing the cart through the store. Sounds impossible, but without car seats like what's available today . . .

Unknown said...

How about toddler meats?

Anna said...

What do you mean, mom "toddler meats"? Grant can eat "adult meat", just cut up into pieces. ?