Go Grant! Goo Mommy!




I forgot to post a couple of weeks ago:

Photobucket

Grant and I had a rather rocky first 2 weeks of breastfeeding, due to my inexperience and a nurse in the hospital who got us off to the wrong foot. But, thanks in part to online breastfeeding support, my local Lactation Consultant, the miracle drug Reglan,pumping around the clock for 2 weeks, and a wonderfully supportive husband, I am proud to say that we made it to the one-year breastfeeding mark! No supplementing beyond those first 2 tumultuous weeks - after that, he had purely momma milk! (Not that anything's wrong with formula-feeding for anyone that's reading this - the important thing is a happy and healthy, well-fed baby, regardless!)

So, GOOO Grant Go! Goo Mommy Goo!! Around-the-clock feedings have definitely worn me out for over a year, but it's so worth it to be able to feed our precious baby boy! (and the extra calories burnt isn't bad )


I anticipate weaning over the next couple of months - Grant's already weaned himself to about 3 feedings a day. (and one in the middle of the night, of course!) We tried to go cold-turkey weaning a week ago, and neither of us were ready for that! yikes! For now, I'm happy to still be nursing, although the 2 am feeding could definitely be dropped!

Leave a Comment

Unknown said...

Congrats on the 1 year mark! I didn't know about the nurse not being helpful. : (

Unknown said...

Congrats to you Anna and Grant! Believe me Anna, it is a SAD day when they are completely weaned. Maybe you won't feel it that specific day, but it will hit you and you will feel sad about it.
I didn't know about a nurse in the hospital not being helpful. How awful!