Pancakes




Summer is in full-swing in our household.
Lots of playdates, parks, water, bike-riding, sand...
loving every minute of it.

Although I love to cook,
{seriously, love it!}
summertime is just made for easy meals, isn't it? 
That we can be playing outside and come in and eat quickly?

So, pancakes it was for dinner last night.
{It's kind of our favorite-four-year-old's favorite.}

And the two year old?  She just loves to eat whatever anyone else is eating.
{See how she's not in her chair? Other people's food is always better, apparently}




When we were first married, I couldn't make pancakes.
{Well, honestly, I couldn't make a lot of things!  On our honeymoon I took an hour and a half to make breakfast for us once. It may have been the first time ever I fried bacon}.

I learned a lot of cooking quickly, but pancakes, well, I almost always burned them.

Almost 10 years and one four-year-old pancake-lover later,
 I have a killer pancake recipe.  
{ya know, if I do say so myself!}.

I'll post the recipe for you tomorrow
{after I, the momma of a crazed-teething-2-year-old, sleep!}.

For now, here's one of my favorite pictures of late.  
{even with Gracie in all of her straggly, end-of-the-day-hair-in-eye glory}.

Grace climbed up onto Grant's chair to eat with him, and Grant started to give her a zerbert.
{where he blows on her cheek really fast and makes a weird noise}
Grace was completely cracking up,
and then she picked up one of Grant's pancakes to try to do the same to it.

They seriously were cracking up, and thankfully I had my camera close.
{and the battery charged. which like, never happens.}

Love these 2!

{see how Gracie's right eye is all crinkled up?  She's smiling behind that pancake!}

Leave a Comment

Nicole said...

This is an adorable pic!! Your kiddos are so cute!!!

Chrissy said...

This is beyond adorable. Also, to date, I still cannot make pancakes well. However, Robert is a pancake master. The only food I cannot cook is the one food he CAN cook. Perfect, huh?

Leslie said...

Such a sweet picture! I just recently learned how to make pancakes. I'd love to try your recipe.

Leslie said...

Such a sweet picture!