Praying.





Grant.

Many of you have followed Grant's journey over the past several months. 
Praying with us for protection and healing from juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.

Today we have a routine appointment with the pediatric rheumatologist.
{Really, after months of hearing spinal tap and abnormal in medical conversations about Grant, 
nothing really feels truly routine for this momma!}

We're expecting good news, praying for good news.
But a part of my momma's heart always get a bit nervous walking into a 
super-super-high-tech children's hopsital.  
with MY child.  
seeing bald babies pulled in wagons, 
I hold Grant's hand a bit tighter, pray a bit harder, and walk to the doctor's office a bit faster.

We've really had a great two months with him.
The NSAID is working!
The fatigue is almost completely gone.
He's only complained of leg pain on a couple of occassions 
{when we've accidentally missed one of the three-times-daily doses, or when it's raining}
And there's been very little swelling in his knees.

As I tell the doctor all of this, I pray for good news.

And, as always, I pray for Grant's heart to be protected.
Physically. Emotionally.
Spiritually.


Leave a Comment

Danna said...

I cannot imagine how scary this must be. I will be praying as well I am so happy to hear that Grant is feeling better!

Anonymous said...

This breaks my heart. Praying for you guys. I can't imagine what y'all r going through. Sounds like he is doing good and is a strong little guy. (((hugs)))
Joanne

Jonathan and Kristy said...

Anna,
Every once in a while I get the chance to read your posts. I thoroughly enjoy reading updates about you and your sweet family! My heart is hurting for the news I just read about Grant, but also hopeful and trusting in the ultimate Healer. I'll be praying. You keep posting. You are a WONDERFUL writer and an EXCEPTIONAL mommy!! Hope to meet your sweet children one day. Love, Kristy