Missing Matt...and more random Tuesday happenings




He's gone tonight on business. the house is so lonely in the evenings with out him here! I miss him.

Anyway, the kiddos and I had a fun day, though. Grant and I did lots of running around the house (he LOVES it when I chase him!) and hopping like frogs, jumping like gorillas, etc. He, minus one potty trip 10 minutes after he went to bed, went straight to sleep, so I think I wore him out! It's just so hard to keep him active (as active as he needs to be!) when it's sooo cold out!

So, Gracie is just starting to like a few more solid foods. I found out that I had been making them too thick , and that's why she was gagging . (Well, I guess it has been 2 years since I've made baby food!)

Anyway, she LOVES mangos. LOVES them. but, that was what she had the night she threw up, so we're waiting a little to try those again.

So, today I tried sweet potatoes again - she just doesn't like them. Takes a couple bites, then just will NOT open her mouth after that!

The new food for the day was baby organic yogurt, which is the 2nd thing that she's loved. Opened her mouth for more bites and all! Fun to see her start eating some. But I looked in Grant's baby book and I had written when talking about the 8th month that "solids still aren't a daily necessity". So, made me feel better about Grace. She'll eat, when she's ready.

I do worry about her gross motor skills - am calling about an evaluation tomorrow. But, even if she does have a gross motor delay, we've BTDT, and Grant caught up SO FAST. He was climbing stuff at Monkey Joes that my nephew, who'd been walkign since 10 months old, would never have climbed. anyway - I think I worry because I equate gross motor delay = cognitive delay.

off to bed, although it's SO hard to force myself to go to sleep with out DH here!

Leave a Comment