Tuesday evening




Whew!

long couple of days...

My grandmother passed away this past weekend, and her funeral was yesterday. The family asked Matt to do the service (she didn't attend church, ever, so as the minister in the family he's the default for funerals et al)...

Well, matt woke up SO SICK Tuesday morning. he barely made it through the funeral and burial service.

We got home about 7:30 last night, grant was in bed by about 7:45, and he slept straight until 8 this morning! he didn't have a nap yesterday. The funeral was in my parent's home town, so my brother and SIL and us traded off kid duty so we could go to the viewing/service (they went to the viewing, I went to the service, they didn't - I was closer to my gma, and I wanted to be there for Matt as he was doing the service).

anyway, Grant and my nephew, who's just 6 weeks older than him (so essentially the exact same age!), played ALL DAY LONG. they got a little restless towards the end of the day, but played well the majority of the day. But they wore each other out!!!

Matt went in for a meeting that he had to be at and then came home early afternoon. I've been doing kid duty for the past couple of days and am TIRED. but, his day off is tomorrow, so we'll get to relax around the house. And, hopefully one more good night's sleep will help him. i don't know how single moms do it!

I've been working on Gracie's tutu and Grant's road on and off all day, in between playing with Grant and feeding Grace. (she's e-a-s-y to entertain and honestly doesn't require that much effort! ) I've been really trying to limit grant's TV time and up our "preschool" type activities - I bought this cool preschool activity book that has given me some great ideas. (putting reindeer tracks out as we hunt for Santa, etc). Anyway, Grant's down to about 45 minutes of tv - (from about an hour and a half! ) 1/2 an hour of George in the mornings and 15 minutes of another George episode in the evenings while I make supper.

Okay, anyway, did y'all see the road I'm making for Grant?

Leave a Comment