Beautiful morning!




(december 6)

I'm feeling so great this morning! The G's (as I affectionately refer to them! ) and I are playing hooky from church. It's just been such a long couple of weeks, with me getting over pneumonia, then Grant was sick, then Gracie had some weird high fever thing, then with her not sleeping well and Grant's complete meltdown yesterday morning - it's just a good day for us to stay at home.

And, I feel SO great about it! Is that bad that a minister's wife is this excited to not be at church? Seriously, I love going to church -the people are so great, and the church has really been helping out some felt needs of the congregation, and I love being a part of that. (Several businessman in our church have been able to provide jobs for other men who had recently lost theirs! so awesome!) But, even though I love going, it's nice to have a morning off!

So, I'm making a grocery list and we're going to go to Target when grace wakes up from her morning nap! I'm planning healthy menus for the week (DETERMINED to lose the last 5 pregnancy pounds!), and am going to get my needed strand of white lights to finish the decorating.

So, I'm drinking my coffee, Grant's playing with his flour (seriously - dumping flour with his frontloader and dumptruck! on the kitchen tile, of course, keeping the majority of the mess on a large towel), Gracie's asleep...just a nice morning. I'm going to work on a velcro chart for Grant to try to make our day routines smoother - I think he'll LOVE it.

How good just a little bit of sleep can make you feel!

Leave a Comment