Cheesecake





I think cheesecake is very close to being the perfect food. I just absolutely love it. It's by far my favorite dessert, and I could easily, (and very happily ) eat it almost daily.

Matt and I were both getting kind of house-crazy after being here for almost 2 weeks after we brought Gracie home, and Thursday morning he woke up and said, "let's go out!" So, after everyone's nap times, we went to Babies 'R Us to return some stuff (a maternity shirt that I bought 3 days before I had Grace! ), and to buy a new carseat. We then went to The Cheesecake Factory, which I had a gift card for. So, we got a wonderful appetizer and entrees and then split their vanilla bean cheesecake. It was to.die.for good!

It was also just a very nice outing as a family of 4. Grant did great in the restaurant - one key to eating out with a toddler is to make sure they're hungry when you go, so they'll occupy themselves by eating! Grace stayed covered in her carseat the whole time, sleeping. It was just a nice afternoon.

And then, more cheesecake Friday! My father-in-law and step-mother-in-law came for the day, so after spending time with them Matt and I went out for coffee and dessert at another restaurant we had a gift card to. We both got our own desserts, I got more cheesecake! It was also very, very good! I'm now savoring the memory of both decadent slices as I have officially started on my "back-to-pre-pregnancy weight" journey. My carrot sticks and tomato soup don't have quite the same allure!

Leave a Comment

Erika said...

Man, you've got discipline. I'm not pressed to get myself back into pre-baby shape until I'm done BFing. Right now, the amount of time I spend pumping and messing around with the pump/milk in the evenings to get ready for the next day, I'll be able to convert to exercise time when I stop pumping in a few months. I cannot wait.

Be good to yourself though - you are burning a LOT just by feeding little Gracie!