Another Mile Down!




Sunday evening I did my first post-partum run, and it felt so inexplicably good. About 10 minutes in it felt so good I was close to tears - it just felt that good to be running again. it reminded me of how incredibly good I felt last summer, eating well, running regularly, and enjoying our family - I guess I hadn't realized, fully, how deeply this pregnancy had worn on me - on us. When I hit the pavement Sunday night it just felt so *normal*, and after these past 8 months, *normal* is SO good.

So, as I sit here sweaty after my 2nd run, I am overwhelmed with relief that I never have to be pregnant again. I am obviously so very thankful for the times that we've been pregnant and our sweet, much-worked-for children! - but I am thankful this stage of our lives can be over!

So, another mile down! I look forward to hopefully hundreds more!

Leave a Comment