Late Monday Night






beautiful flowers sent from a dear friend.


it's almost midnight.
I sit with the washer and drying hum-hum-humming in the next room 
and piles of folded towels on the table.
i'm not usually up this late doing laundry 
{though sometimes I probably should be!}

--

about 2 months ago, I wrote this on my blog:
if I may be honest for a moment,
I do get kinda nervous about what health issues we'll face in 2012.
but I remind myself of God's very specific direction in our lives,
and I {try} go into 2012 confidant, bold, ready.
at the very least, I go into this New Year trusting in the One who knows what new trials we will face.

----

well, over the past few weeks, we've found out what some of the new health issues may be.
and ya know?
i'm kinda thinking that health issues may be our thorn in the flesh
as the apostle Paul put it.

it's just kinda one thing after the other in our family.
but ya know?
it's okay.
it's truly, truly okay.

because I trust in the One who knows the future.
whose Plan is far greater than I could ever imagine.
who has time and time again shown Himself faithful to our family.
especially in the midst of health crises.
  -
so, I go back to folding laundry.
i've got 2 hours left to stay awake before this crazy sleep-deprived EEG.
who knows what these test results may bring -
hopefully as something as innocuous as weird migraines as suggested by the neurologist -
but at least I can trust the One who already knows the results.

and, well, at least my laundry will be folded.

Leave a Comment

Danna said...

Lifting you guys up in prayer dear friend, xoxo

Life of Joy said...

Anna, I have been praying for you. If you want to talk you can text me (just PM me). I might be some help in the neurology department.