song




As I sit down at the computer,
things to write about in mind and on my heart,
Grace comes pitter-pattering into the office.
{pink fuzzy jammies, messy hair, messier face}
she comes to me and lays her head on my lap.

as i start to type,
i hear her little voice.
she starts to sing.
i pause, thinking i recognize the melody.
she's too little. how does she know all those words?

i start to type again.
head on my lap, she keeps singing.

{it's unmistakable}.

"...all the children of the world.
red, yellow, black, white
they precious His site.
Jesus loves little children world"

my heart pauses. i am stunned.

as i rock her to sleep at night, 
thinking of a very special little boy in Africa that I wish I could rock to sleep nightly,
i sing that song.
kiss her on the forehead.
I love you, Gracie-girl,
but Jesus loves you more
and into her crib she goes.

I've never heard her sing it back to me.

wherever you're at today, whatever you're doing,
Jesus loves you.
even my 2-year-old knows it.

believe it. live it.

----
We love because he first loved us.
i john 4:19

the sweet singing Grace.

Leave a Comment

Emily said...

Sooo precious! Love how kids can stop us in our tracks with God's love.

Anonymous said...

This is such a beautiful reminder of God's love! Thanks for sharing!