Happy 4th of July!




It rained all afternoon here today, so thankfully we (Matt!) did our grilling-out yesterday! We had a fun lunch - Matt's dad was going to be stopping by on his way through town, and it happened to be his birthday. So, we had a birthday/4th of July luncheon! :D Grant was so.ridiculously.excited about the cake, and as soon as Matt's dad pulled in the driveway, Grant ran out the door saying "Pawpaw! Pawpaw! Birthday candles! Birthday candles!" - (after which we noted to ourselves not to rely on a certain 2-year-old to keep any secrets ).

It was really fun, though, and my father-in-law loved it, saying it had been his best birthday in awhile. We had So-Easy BBQ Glazed Chicken, which was just *fantastic*, caprese salad, baked beans and corn-on-the-cob! And, of course, birthday cake! Since I was the baker I got to pick the kind of cake, and chocolate praline cake sounded the best to me! The cake really was fantastic, though, and I'll try to get the video to upload of Grant "helping" blow out the candle. :)

Leave a Comment

Unknown said...

Everytime I check your blog, there is a different background. : )