Parent Love




Well, I'm still sick, battling pneumonia, but fortunately The Boy is feeling better. He's not sleeping the greatest yet - waking up crying - so you know he's not feeling the greatest, but better.

Fortunately my parents came down yesterday evening and really helped out. The took care of me, took care of Grant, and took care of our house that was bordering on a disaster zone after a week of both momma and baby being sick. My dad went grocery shopping for us, and it was wonderful, because that meant there would be food for Matt to eat this weekend!

I opened the fridge this afternoon, and seeing one item in the fridge made me feel so super loved. See, my dad has a great way of remembering and doing special things for people. When I was little, he would bring me tapioca pudding when I was sick. I can still remember what it came in - those clear plastic deli cases. He'd bring me a small serving of it when I was feeling well enough to eat, and I sit up on the couch and talk with my dad and eat it. Just a special way of trying to make me feel somewhat better.

So, when I opened the fridge this afternoon, and saw a container of tapioca pudding on the top shelf, I was reminded again of how much my dad loves me. So, thanks to BOTH of my parents for helping me out so much again last night. My mother scrubbed my George Foreman grill for at least 20 minutes - so you know she loves me, too, to scrub someone else's appliance with baked-on goo for that long!

Leave a Comment

Anonymous said...

Yep, we love you very much. How nice it is to be retired and able to drop everything and come to help without worrying about work schedules.