My Bumper's Back...




To the tune of The Angels' 1963 classic:

My bumper's back and I'm going to get some sleep,
hey la day la my bumper's back!

After traveling for a couple of days, we discovered that some babies have their blankies - Grant has his bumper. To go to sleep, he literally buries his face in it and hugs it to himself. When I go in to check on him at night, he's moved all over the crib, but is still almost always hugging the bumper.

So, with out his bumper, he had a hard time sleeping. It took the better part of the entire evening 2 nights in a row to get him to sleep and stay asleep. Thank goodness for an old vibrating massage pad my mother-in-law had! When placed underneath the leg of the pack-n-play, the Boy was out in T-minus-2 minutes flat! Whew!

But, thankfully, we're back home, and the bumper is back.

(For anyone wondering what the bumper looks like - here it is.)

Leave a Comment