Seasons Change





is it feeling like fall wherever you're at?
It's a cool, rainy day here in the Midwest.
my fall-loving heart is happy.

I've had 2 homemade lattes thanks to the espresso maker 
my fabulous husband got me for my birthday last week.
{eek, 32! i am solidly in my 30's now. wow.}

In between the 84 loads of laundry I'm washing and folding today,
i sat down at the computer to check my email.

Iphoto happened to be open,
and I found old pictures like this on my screen.

gracie! 2 years ago Christmastime.

and, my heart wanted to burst.
 How I'd love to get a day back with that sweet 18-month-old!

i know all my momma friends will attest that as for our babies?
they grow too fast,
but they'll always be our babies.
i told my husband that in my heart, my three-and-a-half year-old is still this size.

just like fall is making its cool rainy debut in the midwest,
i will purpose to embrace the season of life we're in.
i may miss the previous season,
but this is the day that we have.
i will embrace it fully,
{knowing that the next season is just around the corner}.

the kiddos will get bigger,
the snow will fall,
birthdays will be celebrated,
my heart will ache some more.

today, in between breaking up fights
 and matching socks and 
loading the dishwasher,
i will hug these sweet little ones.
and I will purpose to be content,
{with whatever season we're in}.


grant (2 1/2)
and 13-day-old gracie,
newly home from the NICU.


Leave a Comment

Susan Holt Simpson said...

"... and I will purpose to be content,
{with whatever season we're in}"

So, so wise! Thanks for the reminder!
It all just goes so fast!

s