Preschool Perfect Playdoh




in my previous post, i said my kiddos were playing with playdoh, and then
realized i should post the recipe for my favorite playdoh!

i made it for the first time over the summer
{thanks to my mommy friend that's a preschool champion
and does tons of awesome stuff with her kids}, 
 and i completely wondered *why* in the previous 5 years of being a mom
 i hadn't made it before!

it's cheap
{with as much as my kids play with it, 
and as much as we tend to leave it out and then it gets old, 
playdoh starts seeming expensive!}
it's easy 
{about 15 minutes start-to-finish},
and honestly, 
i think SO much better than real playdoh!
  It's super soft, and you can add your own scent and color to it.  

{and sparkles! you can make sparkly playdoh, which is a huge plus in girl-world}

so, here you go:



2 cups flour
1 cup salt
4 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 tablespoon oil
2 cups water
{whatever food coloring and scent you want}

---

Mix all together in a big pot on the stove.
{including scent and food coloring. the gel kind usually works the best and gives the brightest colors}.
turn heat on medium/medium-low.
stir.
keep stirring.
stir continuously.
stir until it starts getting thick in chunks,
and then stir a bit more.
it will start pulling away from the sides of the pot.

take off burner and stir a tad more.

let cool, then play!

---

I added cinnamon to mine tonight to smell like fall.
{this is also where you would add color, but my kiddos like doing that after-the-fact and squishing it together with me}.


and what it looks like when it pulls away from the edge:




Leave a Comment

{cindy} said...

hi anna,
thanks for popping in. i love this idea. i remember doing it when i was in the classroom. and the cinnamon inside...perfect!:)
thanks for reminding me of this super fun actitivy.
have a happy day

momto8blog said...

this was a life saver for me....because it entertained my kids for long periods of time. stays good too for months if stored in an air tight container....
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

Anonymous said...

The strap measures 8 inches long by 24mm broader.
This years Spring 2010 Collection by Michael Kors was lovely.
So that's my knowledge about this Rose Gold Ever see.
This beauty is water in opposition to 165 feet and toes.


My webpage; Cheap Michael Kors Outlet