Getting Closer: Multiple Sclerosis




hydrangeas. they're some of my favorite flowers.

---

I was going back through some blog posts of mine,
and I noticed I've been quiet recently.

It's not that there's nothing to write about,
kinda the opposite, really.
like my heart has so much to say that it seems too much for a simple blog.

since my last post, I've had 2 more tests
{bloodwork and an EMG}
come back within normal limits.

while normal is good
{after our shock of all shock MRI results late February,
I'll always, always, always breathe a deep sigh of relief when health stuff comes back normal}

these were also kinda the last two possible things to give me a 
get out of jail free card
and skip me pass the whole MS boardwalk.

---

I have a neurology appointment Tuesday.
the closer it gets,
the more real it gets.
the more surreal it gets.

i mean,
ME.
anna ruth w.
mother of 2.
pastor's wife.
former teacher.
runner.
cook.
photography hobbyist.
lover of coffee.
barefeet.
orphans.
kids.
and good conversation.

 

ME.
i am about 
four sleeps
{as my favorite-5-year-old would say}
away from sitting, 
once again, 
high on the doctor's table
and discussing a life-long degenerative,
possibly debilitating 
 disease.

---
 
so, though I've been quiet on here,
my heart has been full.

full of lots of little kid fun.


full of basking in these early summer days with little kids.


full of trying to not think about how much our future might possibly change.
full of not thinking about how nervous I am about MS treatment like daily injections.
full of not thinking about the possibility of cognitive impairment, motor impairment,
sensory impairment, and all sorts of other MS complications.

full of just trying to not think about MS in general.

and, full of knowing deep within, 
that though we are getting closer and closer 
to an official diagnosis,
official treatment,
I am incredibly, incredibly incapable of handling a life with MS.

and, full of knowing that the Lord can handle it, 
and His Strength is made perfect in my weakness.

{and that is enough for me}.



Leave a Comment

Susan Holt Simpson said...

Hi! Popped by to read your blog from another blog. Have to comment encouragement as well as a dose of empathy for you. I've sat on the doctor's table too, like so many, many of us, and gotten bad news. I was so glad to read of your faith in the capable and ever-gentle hands of the Lord. Thank you for posting this piece that shines with faith and perseverance!

Elle said...

Well said, Anna. I will hope for the best for YOU.

Kate said...

Anna, I am praying for you like crazy. Our God never makes mistakes, He has chosen you for this trial for a reason. Think of the amazing testimony of faith you can portray to all those around you...it doesn't make it easier, but it makes our Lord exaulted. Love you Anna, stay strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.

Neabear said...

I have been wondering how you are doing. Thought about you the other day too. My prayer for you is to have the strength to face what ever comes before you.

~Linnea

MeaganMusing said...

Hi Anna,

I've been thinking of you often and checking my reader for an update. I'm so thankful that God is faithful and strong enough even when we are struggling.

Anonymous said...

All the best to you and am praying for you! In our moments of weakness, His power is made perfect! God works in ALL things!

Becca at One Girl said...

Anna I'm following your journey and I can't even imagine. God is so faithful and he always promises to be there with us, beside us, carrying us through lifes trials. Remember HE can handle it - praying for you! I am so glad you are able to see him in this and know that he is what you need and that he is bigger than this.