Diet Coke Break.




This beautiful girl is napping.




So I take a break from the laundry and toys that await.
And sit down with a Diet Coke and my Bible.
For we need Him, don't we?
so much.

And I read about how 
He satisfies me with good so that my youth is renewed like the eagle's.

and I pray that the Lord will work justice and righteousness for a very special friend who's in Uganda right now trying to bring her 2 sweet boys home. and home soon.

I praise the Lord that He is mericful and gracious.
That he does not deal with me according to my sins.
and that His Love is steadfast.
{psalms 103}

And a few pages over, 
I am challenged by the Woman of Proverbs 31.
She dresses herself with strength. 
She reaches her hands to the poor.

and she laughs at the time to come.

So.much.confidence in the Lord that she can laugh at the days ahead.

In my head, I picture her envisioning the future.  
smiling, shaking her head.

saying, 
Okay, Lord.  It's all yours.  
We are in your hands.  
Whatever you have for us, we will walk humbly. 
Your will be done.

I pray I can say the same. 
that my confidence in this Lord of ours will.not.be.shaken.

Even if the days ahead include more health crises like, um, toxic shock.
juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
words like leukemia. spinal tap. sepsis.


and thus I know that I can laugh at the days ahead.
For our Lord holds them.

and we are 
in
His
Hands.

Leave a Comment

Love said...

thank you and love you!