Four year olds and tonsillectomies.




It's kinda been a long few weeks around our house, folks. 

Grant and Matt, walking into the 8 a.m. surgery.


So, all my dear friends,
why in the WORLD did none of you warn me how hard a tonsillectomy can be 
before our sweet four-year-old underwent surgery?

I kinda had lots of friends whose kids were
playing at the park
the day after surgery.




we.were.not.

Our poor Grant was miserable.
Apparently his pain medicine wasn't working well enough, 
and he was becoming super super dehydrated.


We did the best we could keeping him comfortable and drinking enough
{but still came *this close* to being back in the hospital.}





 But, we made it.  
Even if we kinda haven't left the house for like, 2 weeks straight
{except maybe for the McDonald's drive-through window for 2 large coffees and 4 of these to get us through until one of us could actually go to the store!}


 And then, just as Grant was half-way feeling better
{better enough to at least sit on the couch and watch TV and not just in his bed all day}


this one got sick.


So we really haven't left the house in awhile.

But, ya know? 
I still love this life with little kids. 
I mean, my heart just aches for them when they're sick,
and I've cried my share of tears over both of them the past several weeks.

But I still love this life of a stay-at-home momma. 
{even when I've worn the same running pants for days
and go through a drive-through just for milk!}

I soak in every time Gracie wraps her sweet little arms around my neck and says "hug it!"
{as I close my eyes and try to remember that feeling forever}.

every time Grant wants me to play with him. 
or watch {curious} George with him.  
or watch him run fast fast fast on his bike!  
every time Grace comes zooming down the hallway saying "whunning!" 
as she leaps into my arms.  
 
Every time she buries her head into me at 2 in the morning, secure in her momma's arms.

every time, I try to slow down time for just a moment, 
because I know that though the days can be long, the years are so, so short.

Even during the midst of the roughest tonsillectomy recovery ever,
I'm so thankful to be at home with them.
That He chose them for us.

So thankful to be loving on, playing with, laughing with, 
and praying with the sweetest kids in the world, all day. 
 
 
And, right now? 
so, so thankful that we now at least have 50% of our {current} kiddos' with out tonsils.
 
--------------------------
 
"...whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me..."
Matthew 25:40


Leave a Comment

Cari Nicholson said...

Oh Anna. You've been on my mind so much lately. God never gives us more than we can handle...case in point that he has a whole lot of faith in you. :) Please, please, please, please, please call me if I can ever help. I would love to take one or both of your kids if you need a minute, bring you creamer (or coffee or chocolate milk), or drop by a dinner (albeit I won't promise it will be homemade). Thanks for your testimony. It's so refreshing to read your posts and take a second to realize how blessed we are to have our little ones in our lives...in both the good and bad times. All my love to you!!

Danna said...

Oh no! Poor kiddos and mama! I am so sorry to hear about poor Grant! I had mine out when I was 18 and it was pretty miserable too. Poor little guy!
Is Gracie doing okay?
I hope that things calm down and everyone is healthy, I'll be praying.
(((hugs)))

Unknown said...

NASA website 3 news, new year, NASA's uggs on sale Solar Dynamics Observatory satellite atmospheric imaging assembly photographed a mysterious phenomenon on the sun - a huge "black hole" appears in the Antarctic region of the christian louboutin remise 50% sun, covering almost a quarter christian louboutin of ugg soldes the sun.Scientists Air Jordan 11 Gamma Blue say this is a Christian Louboutin Bois Dore huge black hole coronal holes, it cheap nike jordan shoes is christian louboutin shoes a piece of the solar corona layer of dark, low-density areas. In the far Cheap Louis Vuitton Handbags ultraviolet irradiation, and it looks Christian Louboutin Daffodile bleak, as if wholesale jordan shoes the ugg pas cher sun is the center of the black abyss depth.Although the uggs outlet satellite images, the coronal holes and no solar activity, but in fact it releases a Cheap LV Handbags violent solar cheap jordans storms, and the discount christian louboutin speed of 500 miles / Discount Louis Vuitton sec discount nike jordans spewing solar particles, three times elsewhere in ugg australia the solar wind velocity.Scientists are Bags Louis Vuitton still studying specific causes of coronal holes, but it seems to be related to regional magnetic activity increased. Discount LV Handbags NASA says the solar coronal hole is one of the ugg boots most remarkable features.NASA also said that cheap christian louboutin "due to the possibility of the coronal hole in the ugg most southern sun, the solar wind affect humans on Earth is unlikely.