What a Wonderful Husband!




Since Matt isn't, ahem, quite as *eager* as I am to watch our wedding video (for the dozenth time! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket), I decided to watch it while I was on the treadmill the past couple of nights.

And, wow! I hadn't watched it in at least a year (even though we do try to view it together on our anniverary). How special it was to watch and relive that day! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Watching it reminded my heart of all of the emotions, anticipation, excitement, and apprehension that went with that day, 5 1/2 years ago. I was so in love, so ready to commit my life to the man of my dreams.

While I was listening to our vows, of Matt promising to love, protect, and provide for me, my heart was overwhelmed. Looking back on the past 5 and a half years, Matt has more than remained true to those vows. He has loved, protected and provided for me more than I ever could have imagined.

He's infinitely patient with me, even when I decide for the 16th time to change the pillows on our couch. He's painted room after room for me, mowed the lawn hundreds of times, killed more spiders than I want to know about, and calmed me down after killing the said spiders. He makes me coffee and brings me home Starbucks when he's out. He gets up with Grant in the mornings to let me sleep when we've had a rough night. He spends long days traveling, with out complaint, to provide for our family. He handles church difficulties with integrity and Godliness.

I knew I loved him on May 11, 2002, but had such little grasp of the depth of character my new husband had. What a man he is, and how I love him!


And, on a lighter note, here's one of my favorite wedding-day pictures.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Leave a Comment

High Plains Drifter said...

Awww! So sweet - and I love that photo :) What a priceless expression!

Unknown said...

When I was in high school, my Sunday school teacher talked about love and marriage to us girls and related a "strange" story - so I thought - of something that happened during her reception.

She (Eileen Zuttermeister was her name, I think) said an older aunt came through the receiving line an asked if she loved her new husband. "Of course!" was the reply. Then the aunt smiled and said something like "... you hardly know what love is at this point. After several years you'll begin knowing what love is." My teacher smiled then and said how true it is that love grows.

Strange, I thought, but after all, I was maybe 15 and had no idea what she was talking about. Even now I'm learning how deep love goes.

What a sweet story you wrote. : )

PS - When I watched your video again, then I noticed what went on during prayer - Leann straightened your gown, people changed places or dabbed their eyes, etc. It's still a beautiful memory.

Unknown said...

The further into this blog I read, the more tears filled my eyes. I am so THANKFUL God brought you into Matthew's life. I am THANKFUL for a WONDERFUL daughter-in-law and THANKFUL you have been blessed with a FANTASTIC little boy! I NEED to see your wedding video sometime, I haven't ever seen it.

Unknown said...

NASA website 3 news, new year, NASA's uggs on sale Solar Dynamics Observatory satellite atmospheric imaging assembly photographed a mysterious phenomenon on the sun - a huge "black hole" appears in the Antarctic region of the christian louboutin remise 50% sun, covering almost a quarter christian louboutin of ugg soldes the sun.Scientists Air Jordan 11 Gamma Blue say this is a Christian Louboutin Bois Dore huge black hole coronal holes, it cheap nike jordan shoes is christian louboutin shoes a piece of the solar corona layer of dark, low-density areas. In the far Cheap Louis Vuitton Handbags ultraviolet irradiation, and it looks Christian Louboutin Daffodile bleak, as if wholesale jordan shoes the ugg pas cher sun is the center of the black abyss depth.Although the uggs outlet satellite images, the coronal holes and no solar activity, but in fact it releases a Cheap LV Handbags violent solar cheap jordans storms, and the discount christian louboutin speed of 500 miles / Discount Louis Vuitton sec discount nike jordans spewing solar particles, three times elsewhere in ugg australia the solar wind velocity.Scientists are Bags Louis Vuitton still studying specific causes of coronal holes, but it seems to be related to regional magnetic activity increased. Discount LV Handbags NASA says the solar coronal hole is one of the ugg boots most remarkable features.NASA also said that cheap christian louboutin "due to the possibility of the coronal hole in the ugg most southern sun, the solar wind affect humans on Earth is unlikely.