Parmesan-Pepper Sweet Potato Fries




I used to think I wasn't a big sweet potato fan - but then I had these fries! Matt and I wanted a good snack, but one that wouldn't blow our diets, so I found these in the Biggest Loser cookbook. They are fan-tas-ic!! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And, even better - this recipe supposedly yields one serving, but I could easily eat only 1/2 of them and still feel satisfied! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1/2 pound sweet potatoes, cut into 1/4" sticks
1 tablespoon grated reduced-fat parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon EVOO
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon paprika
salt, to taste
pinch of cayenne
pinch of ground black pepper

1. Preheat oven to 450*.

2. In a medium bowl, toss the potatoes, cheese, olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne, salt and black pepper.

3. Place the potatoes in a single layer on a medium nonstick baking sheet. (I lined it with parchment paper to help the cleanup!) Bake for 8 minutes. Flip the potatoes and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the potatoes are browned in spots.


Per Serving:

249 calories
5g protein
49 g carbs (sorry, mother!)
4g fat
8mg cholesterol
7g fiber
238 mg sodium

Leave a Comment

Erika said...

I WANT THESE NOW! Oh wow, they sound fab! I'm gonna put sweet potatoes on my grocery list this weekend.

Anna said...

Erika - :) They ARE fab! I was gonna take a picture of them, but I guess the empty cookie sheet would speak for itself! :)

Horn herd mom said...

I'm going to have to try them. Based on the EVOO you must be a Rachel Ray fan as well.

Unknown said...

Good for you guys in finding a great veggie recipe.

Unknown said...

Anna, I am SO anxious to try this recipe! It sounds wonderful!!!