Saturday night.




grace abigail.


Yesterday I ran a quick errand 
{for the never-ending paperwork of health insurance!}

The office where I had to go was located directly next to one of my doctor's office.
the doctor's office that I had not been to since late last February.
the doctor's office in which I sat, stunned.
the doctor's office where we first heard the words 
{multiple sclerosis}.

it kinda brought back a wave of emotions 
that surprised me, since, for the most part,
I feel okay with this whole
{I-have-a-progressive-neurological-disease} business.

seeing the doctor's office took me back to that point
late last winter where we cried out for God's comfort, grace, and hope.

and it reminded me, so, so, so much
that He has answered.

although I believe He is the Great Physician,
for whatever reason,
He has allowed this disease in my life.
and, in doing so,
He has poured out grace upon unending grace.

i don't know if I can be thankful for a progressive disease.
really? i'm kinda not.
but, in a supernatural way, I'm thankful for the depth of understanding of God's complete Sovereignty.

we're told our faith is of greater worth than gold,
and that the testing of our faith proves it genuine.
i peter 1

somehow, in some Divine way,
may this testing of my faith -
the testing that comes in a package called MS,
the testing that comes with doctor's offices and medical tests
and lots of future uncertainty,
may it be found to result in praise, glory, and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
 
and tonight, I pray for you.
anyone that may be reading this simple little blog of mine -
this blog that started as a family journal of sorts and has evolved into this,
this place I share what is deep inside my heart,
what somehow comes out better in writing 
anyway than what I could try to articulate it verbally -
i pray for you.

whatever the testing of your faith is tonight -
whether it comes in a package called health problems,
financial problems, kid problems, contentment issues,
marriage issues -
whatever the package is called?
may your faith be proven genuine through it,
and may the name of our Lord be praised.










Leave a Comment

Anonymous said...

You are such a sweet inspiration. I'm so amazed at your faith, what an example! -Jaimee Blauer

Susan Holt Simpson said...

We all have different 'testing grounds' - that's how we say it around here. Thanks for your faith filled testimony of His grace and sovereignty! May He continue to bless you!

s