Pantry Project




If you've been reading my blog for awhile, 
or if you actually know me in real life,
you know that I'm pretty laid-back.

sometimes, though, I'm a weird mixture of laid-back and type A. 
can you be a type A type B? 
When I want something done, I want it done *exactly* right.
like, all the hangers hanging a certain way in the closet.
towels and sheets folded the same direction.
it's weird. a little OCD, I know.

behind the piles of laundry and dishes,
i have an inner organizational side.

i really, really like things organized.
 a lot.

one of my new year's resolutions was that our house would reflect my inner-OCD-self.

so, with the pantry I began.

i can barely show you the before photo.
my OCD-side freaks out at it.
{and, this was definitely our pantry at its absolute worse}

but, with a deep breath I click upload:
 our pantry before




eek! it's bad, I know.

so,
after a few coats of paint.
{yes, I painted the pantry!}
and several trips to the Container store,
voila!








it's fabulous, isn't it?
i maybe keep the door open just to look at how pretty it is. 

and I think it makes the Gracie monster happy, too.
she at least gets her OCD-streak honestly, huh?


Leave a Comment

A Farmer's Daughter said...

Great job!! I, too am both type A & B with some OCD mixed in. It's a fun combo!!

Laura Caddell said...

I love it. I need to do the same. It's on the long list of "to-do's" at the moment! One thing I was going to tell you, that I did, was to put cork board squares on the door (where you have the calendar and receipt) then you can just pin whatever you need on them. I got mine in the office supplies section at Target! Just a suggestion and it looks nice too :)

Great job!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! It looks GREAT!!!
I keep telling myself also that I need to get around to doing this! Hopefully soon for sure! Or within 2012! lol

Birdy said...

That looks awesome!! I wish there were a container store closer to us. But, Mike is probably glad their isn't. lol Great job!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. I love it. Green Hills just got A Container Store..I need to check it out! =)

xoxo,
megs [at] Shine On & Skinny Up

Neabear said...

Looks great! So much easier to find what you want!

~Linnea

Danna said...

Gracie is too cute for words!
I love how organized it is! I tend to be a bit type A type B as well :)