5th Birthday!




Last night, I was nostalgic.
reminiscing about hospitals and babies and celebrating and teeny tiny fingers and toes.




Tonight,
we partied.  


{The little sister partied hard}.



As Grant and his sweet, sweet 5-year-old friends ran around the house, 
my heart was so, so full.


for if five years ago, as I sat in my hospital bed, 
{incredibly groggy after an emergency c-section},
if I could have said what I hoped his 5th birthday would look like,
tonight would have been it.

 a handful of friends making pizza together,
playing tag,
singing to the birthday boy.
{even if he did get a bit shy during the song}.


it was so fitting, and so fun.

{at least, we had fun}

So, tonight, there was no room for nostalgia.
there was too much cake to eat!
the monster cake Grant wanted.
Grant Owen,
happy birthday little man.

----------
the verse on his birth announcement 5 years ago still fits.

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy. 
Psalm 126:3

Leave a Comment

Danna said...

This post makes my heart happy. Happy birthday Grant! It sounds like such a lovely party and the announcement verse is very fitting! I loved seeing the pics of baby Grant :)

Anonymous said...

Aww! Happy happy 5th birthday Grant!! What a fun, warm, sweet birthday celebration!