On Why I Blog




I sit down at my keyboard. a new clean {publish post} page comes up.
I wonder.

Why write?
People...out there {somewhere?} do they read? does it matter?  
it's just my silly little thoughts.
my seemingly insignificant words.

Why write?
there are millions of better writers.
more inspiriting voices.
prettier pictures.
more significant stories.

I pause.
I think.  I process.
 
I realize.
{I write for our children}.
because with all good intentions the baby books are still half-filled-out, and the memories of swings and nursing and cribs and swaddling and pacifiers fade.
these sweet days with my little ones, these are the days which my heart wishes I could just press pause and tangibly grasp for longer, for more, for deeper.  these sweet days my heart truly loves and I long to capture every messy, silly, funny, special detail and write it on my heart, but somehow in the midst of laundry and naps and playing dolls and zooming cars, I know they'll be forgotten.
so, I write.  I write to not forget.
{I write for our children}.




{I write.}
I write for myself.  
I've read that Van Gogh used paints to portray that which inspired him.
me? I use words.
these words. these seemingly small, twelve-fonted single-spaced words,
they portray that which inspires me.
these words are my heart on paper.
...For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks...
Luke 6
I write because I can't not
I write for me. even if no one read
i would write, for the words spill out. my fingers click, the cursor moves.
my heart overfloweth, and the words must come.
so, I write.





{I write for others}.
my heart aches. 
for orphans. orphans who need love. a home. food. water.
for Christians. Christians who don't know that the Bible truly has 
everything they need for life and Godliness.
that His Word can make an actual difference in these lives of ours, 
these lives that are often hard and frustrating and valley-filled.
as my heart aches, I long to help. to serve. to edify. to encourage.
if somehow, as I write and share our story, our simple story of redemption, grace, and love,  of a man and wife that are trying their best to love the Lord, each other, and others in the most Radical possible way this side of Heaven,
if I can share this story,
and encourage somehow? love somehow? serve somehow?
then to Him be the Glory both now and forevermore.

So, I write.


-------------

My heart overflows with a good theme; 
I address my verses to the King; My tongue is the pen of a ready writer.
psalms 45:1

Leave a Comment

Danna said...

I feel like I write this every. single. time. I comment, but I love this post. Somehow you seem to write exactly how I feel as well.

Anonymous said...

great post. i love reading what you write, and i look forward to your blog!!

xoxo,
megs [at] Shine On

Deedle said...

Anna, this is beautiful. You are a blessing -- writing your heart, encouraging others. Your love for your family, the orphans and your God are evident. Thank you for sharing.

Jen said...

Anna, your heart so often echoes mine! Thanks for putting words to my heart's desires and for many others as well I am sure.
Have a beautiful day!

Anonymous said...

great post! couldn't agree more. its easy to get caught up in the blogosphere but daily reminder that we write to document the everyday (or every week). for us. for our kids. not for anyone else or any other reason. thanks for the reminder! :)

Brian and Sue said...

Anna, I love your blog. I dont really read blogs but I've enjoyed reading yours. Thank you for sharing your heart. It often encourages me.

Marla said...

Great blog! I often question and re-evaluate why it is that I blog, too. Very well written! ;)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post Anna. I do blog for the same reason, for myself....for others.

So glad to have found your space...

All good things - Charina