And we wait.




blood work.


it's a topic that our almost 5-year-old can very matter-of-factly tell you about.
{which, kinda breaks my momma-heart. he really shouldn't know this much about hospitals, doctors, needles, and blood}.

Often his first sign with his juvenile rheumatoid arthritis is fatigue.
well, it's back.
he's exhausted.
really, really exhausted.

so, we increased his medicine to the maximum dosage.

and now we wait
and pray.

wait for test results.
wait to see if the medicine will work.

wait and pray.
wait, pray.
and trust.

--------

He will shelter you with his wings. 
His faithful promises are your armor and protection.
Psalm 91:4

Leave a Comment

AmberLV said...

Praying with you!

amy said...

Love your scripture you're clinging to through this...

minihousemightyhearts said...

Aww big boy! At least this means lots of mama cuddle time!! Praying for you :)

Robin said...

Anna this picture breaks my heart for Grant. Jack had to get shots on Thursday & he was devastated. We were both crying. I couldn't imagine trying to explain to him about giving blood. Hope the increased dosage makes him feel much better.

Jessica said...

Aww, praying for your little boy! Hope his medication makes him feel better!

Casa De Luna said...

I am praying for you and your little guy.

Memoirs of Me & Mine said...

Such a big boy. Sending a prayer your way.
www.rebeccabany.com

Nicky said...

First off... thank you for your sweet comment. ;-)

When I read this post, by heart dropped and then I went back and read Grants story... I felt your pain ... REALLY. I know exactly what you are going through.

I don't know if you saw this on my blog, but my first born daughter, Greta, has JRA (diagnosed at 13 months) ... and personally, I've been dealing with JRA since 3 years of age.

Please feel free to contact me anytime... I'd love to hear from you ... maybe dish on what's been working in terms of meds, remedies, exercise, etc.

... and of course we'll pray for Grant and your family.

Have a great weekend.

Nicky

Katelin said...

Hi Anna

I've been reading your blog for a couple of months now and have found it refreshing and inspiring.

It is sad that I read this latest post. I too went through great sickness when I was younger and I know my family suffered too. It really tests your faith! I pray that God will continue to care for your family and continue to watch over your little man.

Lamentations 3:22-24 "The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning. The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in Him!"

:)