Saturday Night Thoughts




I'm supposed to be working on grad work.  Final projects due, uh, tomorrow.
I am working on it. Truly.  
Having a hard time focusing, but my night-person self is just gearing up for the evening.

Totally ignoring the fact that, uh, Sunday is kind of a big deal in our family and I'm usually in bed by this point on Saturdays.  And, I'm teaching the 3 & 4-year-old class tomorrow.  I LOVE them and LOVE teaching them. But, can I keep up with 8 or so preschoolers on 5 hours of sleep?  
I'm thinking a lot of coffee is in store!

Y'all know that I was in Africa for two weeks in February.  My heart will forever be changed.
  You simply cannot walk away from so much poverty and injustice and orphans and not be.

While we were there we met so many awesome girls and people who are living there, serving Him, and truly making a difference.  For example, Katie Davis with Amazima Ministries.  

She's in her early 20's, has adopted several beautiful girls, and runs a feeding program that serves over 1,600 children every week!

Seriously, she's making a difference. A radical difference!

And, that's been my prayer since I got back from Africa.  
That I would make a difference - a radical difference - for eternity.
The Lord hasn't put us in Ug@nda, East Africa.  But, He has put me here. right HERE.  with my beautiful family.  With our incredible church body.  With friends and family that love us.

So, as I've wrestled with balancing poverty and injustice and orphan care with Starbucks and Pottery Barn and Target, I've prayed that I will be radical. For the sake of the kingdom. in our little world, right here.

The Bishop of London said something during his sermon at the Royal wedding (which, folks, seriously, wasn't Kate just absolutely gorgeous?) that my heart has been contemplating.  



It sums up my prayer, for myself, my family...and you.

“Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on fire.”



Now, I'm back to my Diet Coke, popcorn, and affective needs of gifted and talented students.

Good night!



Leave a Comment

Stephanie Evelo said...

Absolutely precious thoughts...
And I too was moved by the Pastor's message at the Royal Wedding! No wonder we got along so well to begin with! Plus, I have a picture by my desk as my dream is to go to Africa...to help in the area of orphans in some way...AND do an African safari! So maybe God has plans for us (the two of us) in some way together to do something! I wear a bracelet, daily, that says 'Make a difference'... I love how you added 'radical' to it! LOVE it!
We sponsor a child in Uganda...is that where you went? Let's do lunch sometime this week or next?!?
Or I can bring lunch over with your little ones there??@ Whatever works for you!
Hugs -
Steph Evelo
Making a Difference
Make Each Moment Count

Unknown said...

NASA christian louboutin website 3 news, new year, NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory satellite atmospheric imaging assembly photographed a mysterious phenomenon on the sun ugg boots - a huge "black hole" appears in the Antarctic region of the sun, covering christian louboutin remise 50% almost a quarter of the sun.Scientists say this is discount nike jordans a huge black hole coronal holes, it Cheap LV Handbags is a piece of the solar corona layer of dark, low-density areas. In the far ultraviolet Cheap Louis Vuitton Handbags irradiation, and it looks bleak, as if the ugg soldes sun ugg pas cher is the center of the cheap christian louboutin black abyss Christian Louboutin Daffodile depth.Although the satellite images, the coronal holes and no uggs on sale solar activity, but in fact it releases a violent solar storms, and the speed Discount Louis Vuitton of 500 miles / sec Air Jordan 11 Gamma Blue spewing solar Christian Louboutin Bois Dore particles, three times elsewhere in the solar wind velocity.Scientists are still studying specific causes of Discount LV Handbags coronal holes, but it discount christian louboutin seems to be related to regional magnetic activity Bags Louis Vuitton increased. NASA cheap jordans says the solar coronal hole is one of the uggs outlet most remarkable features.NASA also said that "due to cheap nike jordan shoes the possibility of the coronal hole in the most southern sun, ugg the ugg australia solar wind wholesale jordan shoes affect humans on Earth christian louboutin shoes is unlikely.