Sunday evening




We kind of played hooky from church this morning.

Yes, I'm a pastor's wife.

Eek!

Really, we (the kids and I) just stayed home this morning - DH was preaching at another church, and though I was planning on going with him, the past week of traveling finally caught up with us and we needed to stay.at.home!

So, I cooked!

I came across The Pioneer Woman's Pot Roast Recipe.

{it's a big hunk of meat. I kinda get intimidated by them!}

But, I followed her step-by-step directions, and it came out fabulously. Tender, rich, juicy...the kids were almost shoveling it in. You need to try it! It's not at all dry or tough - it is excellent!

{carrots and onions on top of the hunk-o-beef}.



The littlest kept herself occupied in the pantry while I was browning the beef.



(sorry for the blur. it happens with a fast toddler and a too-slow shutter speed!)

And I loved that dinner was already to go, so we could spend some time outside this evening, and just come in and immediately eat!




pointing at an AIRPLANE!
kicking a ball!
throwing it HIGHER HIGHER!
Intent on finding something in the grass!

Leave a Comment