Sweet Pumpkin Muffins with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting







I was looking for a snack to take to Bible Study last night {no one told me that my Bible Study friends had planned to bring cake for my 30th!} when I came across this pumpkin recipe. It's just the hint of fall here - is it cool for you? Fall is just my {absolutely!} favorite season.

sweatshirts.
baked potato soup.
sweaters with leggings and boots.
cool mornings at the park.
red and golden leaves.
apple crisp.
brisk weather to run outside.
pumpkin spice coffee.
pumpkin pie.
Thanksgiving.
Pottery Barn's fall catalog.

{Back to the pumpkin cupcakes}.

They turned out SO FABULOUSLY. I think they're more of a sweet muffin than a "cupcake" - the texture is a bit dense for a cupcake. Semantics aside, they're just fabulous. I think they'd be perfect for a fall brunch. They bake so beautifully - one friend at Bible study thought I had bought them.

Recipe: (I halved this recipe and got exactly 24 mini muffins).

2 1/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, room temp
3/4 cup milk
1 cup pumpkin

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375*. Line 24 mini muffins with paper liners.
2. Mix flour, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, salt, baking powder and baking soda together. Set aside.
3. Beat 1/2 cup butter, the white sugar and brown sugar together until mixture is light and fluffy (it will be noticeably lighter in color). Add the room temp eggs one at a time, letting each blend well before adding the next one.
4. Stir in the milk and the pumpkin.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared muffin cups. (for mini muffins, I fill mine almost full).
6. Bake in the preheated oven for about 11-13 minutes, or until the tops spring back when lightly touched.
7. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes, then remove to wire rack.

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting:

I halved this recipe, too, since I halved the muffin recipe.

{this stuff is GOOD. so good}.

1 8-ounce package reduced fat cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons cinnamon

Mix the cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Beat in the powdered sugar a little at a time until smooth, then add the vanilla and cinnamon and beat until fluffy! Frost the cupcakes when cool!

Think you'll like them? Let me know what you've been baking for the start of fall!

Leave a Comment

Devon Kinne said...

those look DELISH! I think I'll be making some for Jeff's work picnic.