Old Friends




It feels great to hear from some of our old friends again. We miss our "Dallas" friends, along with all of you who've moved away. We think of you often, and pray for you when the Lord brings you to mind.

Just a quick update for those of you with whom we haven't chatted lately - here's a top list of what's happened in our lives.

1) Moved to Iowa after graduating from Dallas Seminary.
2) Had a rather difficult experience there, learned a lot, but glad we're gone. :-)
3) When I was 28 weeks pregnant, we moved back to Indiana, where Matt accepted an associate position at a church plant.
4) Moved to our new home right before Christmas, at around 32 weeks pregnant. I highly recommend against moving while pregnant, just FYI!
5) Had Grant 3 weeks later!

And,
6) are enjoying life back in the Midwest. I'm such a city girl, and living in small-town Iowa was *not* for me. I need to be 5 minutes from Starbucks and 15 minutes from Ann Taylor Loft. I need Target close and the grocery closer.

We feel extraordinarily blessed by the Lord to be living here, so close to family, in a beautiful house and ministering at a church that's wonderful to us. I came across this verse 4 years ago in Dallas, when we were grieving the loss of pregnancies, and it's still very dear to my heart - and very fitting for our lives.

Isaiah 25:1
"O LORD , you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago."

Leave a Comment

Anonymous said...

And all of the parents and extended family members feel blessed to have you three/four back home again.