Answers to Prayer




At 9 o'clock this morning, I was on the phone with the GI nurse, 
discussing the possibility of a feeding tube for Grace. 

There was a distinct danger that she was not going to be able to sustain the amount of liquid she needed to simply survive. 

Nine hours later, 
I told Matt that I think we are seeing prayers answered before our very eyes.

Grace drank over 25 ounces of liquid today.
PLUS Ate 3 popsicles.
5 pancakes.
half a  chocolate chip cookie.
and a normal-8-year-old-sized serving of mashed potatoes.

Right before bed Grace said,"My throat feels a little better".

{holy moly, right??}

Biting back tears, I tell her that so many people are praying for her,
and God is making her better.

She smiles, and says,"I'm a little closer to fettuccine alfredo, mom".

which is like her favorite food in the world, 
which over the last 6 weeks she's repeatedly said no to, 
and repeatedly told me to not even talk about until her throat is better.

We're still praying, and we feel your prayers.
We will get all the test results back this week. 
Whatever is going on, today was a good day, and we'll take it, and rejoice in it.

The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.  James 5

Leave a Comment