A Simple Luncheon




My 90-something-year-old granny is in town, 
visiting from the gorgeous plains of the Texas panhandle.

thankfully our return from vacation overlapped her stay by a day, so we were able to see her.
the plan was for my parents, grandmother, and my 2 teenage cousins (who are also visiting) to come for lunch today.

this morning, i was praying for my teenaged cousins, 
who may or may not know Christ as I do.
i ran around the house, steam mopping, dusting, picking up, 
prepping chicken, cutting watermelon,
praying.

i caught myself thinking that one simple lunch wouldn't matter.
my faith wouldn't be noticeable.
they'd eat, they'd leave.


and then I stopped.
and I realized that over the course of my life,
i HAVE had very memorable moments where the kindness of ONE person, in ONE instance,
made a difference in my life.


the counselor at church camp that hugged me as i sat on the wooden steps 
under a starry night and cried out to Jesus.

the sweet church lady who prayed with me when I decided to be baptized.
the older girl at college that wrote me an encouraging note.

the seminary professor's wife that welcomed me into her beautiful home for dinner,
graciously visiting and asking me about my life.

the pastor's wife that invited me to her Sunday school class 
when i didn't really fit with any other class for the summer.


 the co-worker that spoke kind words to me in the teacher's lounge.


those people? 
i doubt they have any idea the impact they had on my life in just 
one moment. 
one conversation.

may I live my life in such a way that those Divine moments,
{most of which I'm not even aware of and won't remember later}
further the cause of Christ.
not for my glory, but for His Great name.


may I be aware that simple conversations?
one small act of Kindess?
they could be remembered forever.

may I make them worth remembering.
 
 



Leave a Comment

Deedle said...

Thank you for that simple reminder, Anna. Once again your words touch my heart.

Unknown said...

NASA website 3 news, new year, NASA's uggs on sale Solar Dynamics Observatory satellite atmospheric imaging assembly photographed a mysterious phenomenon on the sun - a huge "black hole" appears in the Antarctic region of the christian louboutin remise 50% sun, covering almost a quarter christian louboutin of ugg soldes the sun.Scientists Air Jordan 11 Gamma Blue say this is a Christian Louboutin Bois Dore huge black hole coronal holes, it cheap nike jordan shoes is christian louboutin shoes a piece of the solar corona layer of dark, low-density areas. In the far Cheap Louis Vuitton Handbags ultraviolet irradiation, and it looks Christian Louboutin Daffodile bleak, as if wholesale jordan shoes the ugg pas cher sun is the center of the black abyss depth.Although the uggs outlet satellite images, the coronal holes and no solar activity, but in fact it releases a Cheap LV Handbags violent solar cheap jordans storms, and the discount christian louboutin speed of 500 miles / Discount Louis Vuitton sec discount nike jordans spewing solar particles, three times elsewhere in ugg australia the solar wind velocity.Scientists are Bags Louis Vuitton still studying specific causes of coronal holes, but it seems to be related to regional magnetic activity increased. Discount LV Handbags NASA says the solar coronal hole is one of the ugg boots most remarkable features.NASA also said that cheap christian louboutin "due to the possibility of the coronal hole in the ugg most southern sun, the solar wind affect humans on Earth is unlikely.