Grace upon Grace




Grant, while celebrating his papa's 60th birthday last week.
---

"For we have all received from his fullness one gracious gift after another."
John 1:16, NET Bible

One gracious gift after another.
that's so true, right?
my heart has been overflowing with thankfulness recently.

I started treatment for MS a couple of weeks ago -
a daily injection.
I was nervous about it, because, in all of my obsessive-compulsive reading about every.single.thing.possible MS-related,
I had read it could hurt.
a lot.
or sting, burn, itch, welt, hive.
a lot.

but you know?
for me, 
they barely sting.
I've gotten zero reactions to it.
zero.

{one gracious gift after another}
like having zero reactions to shots that will likely be long-term.
like having treatment available at all.
like having MS diagnosed early enough to start treatment early in the disease course.
like having a fabulous neurologist really close to our house.

{one gracious gift after another}
like the Spirit giving peace that passeth understanding,
even with the knowledge that my disease could become debilitating.
like knowing that this world is not our Home,
and though we may encounter various trials,
we have a Living Hope.
Hope for this life -
that I do not need to fear, for He is with me.
Hope for eternity to come.

one gracious gift after another. 
 
 
 
 

Leave a Comment

Danna said...

Anna, I am so happy to hear that the injections are going well. You are such a strong woman with such amazing faith. I know I've said this roughly a million times, but your post are always so inspirational. xo

Nicole said...

You have amazing faith!!