Memorial Day




Thank-you.

It does not seem enough for all of the men and women who have served our country.
Who have gone overseas.
Who have endured so much training.
Who have witnessed horrors unspeakable.
Who have left brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, wives, children at home.

Who have risked their lives.

So that we can live in a country that lets my husband freely go to work.
Work in a Bible-believing church.

So that we can live in a country where we can pray openly.
without fear of governmental intervention.

Where we can simply live our lives - our very blessed lives.
With our own brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, and children.

But, on this beautiful, hot Memorial Day.
I DO say thank-you. 
To all of our past and present military.

And on a very personal level,
thank-you to my own dad.

Thank-you for serving in a war that wasn't applauded in  the homeland.
thank-you for your bravery, courage, and service.

I have always, always been proud that you are a veteran.
And always, always will be.

My dad and myself. Easter 2011

Leave a Comment