Dos Minutos




When running Day2 of Week 5 this evening, I started thinking about the dichotomy of time. Yes, a second is always the same length, but can often feel longer or shorter depending on the circumstance.

2 minutes. Sometimes it's an eternity, sometimes it's the blink of an eye.

When finishing the last 2 minutes of a Couch-to-5K running segment, it's an eternity. When lying in bed, savoring the last few moments before I have to get up in the middle of the night to feed The Boy, it's lightening fast.

I am often thankful that time never speeds up or slows down. Before going to an event I'm dreading, I repeat to myself, "12 hours, and it will all be over." It's then a blessing that time never changes.

However, as I'm drudging along, trying to finish my last couple of minutes of running, I wouldn't mind if time would at least just slightly speed up.


P.S. FYI, for the references to running, check this link out:

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Leave a Comment