Random Thoughts




Here are some random blog-thoughts for you:

1) We just got home from a birthday party of one of our neighbors' son. (neighbor's son? neighbors' son? hmm...my grammar fails me on little sleep!) It was fun! We hadn't really talked a lot with these neighbors before now, so it was fun to chat with them. It was a small, low-key 1st birthday party, and the little kid had more fun *throwing* the cake than eating it.

2)The woman gave me a tour of their house (which she's decorated beautifully, by the way), and it was fun to see, because it was a floor plan that Matt and I really liked as we were thinking of building. After living in our current house, however, and walking through theirs, I like our floor plan better. We, for the most part, spend the majority of our time in the kitchen and living room area, so when that part of the house is small, it makes the whole house feel small, however much square footage there is.

3)I can't get the emoticons to work on this post, and I'm bummed about that. :/

4) I'm teaching the 4th - 6th grade Sunday School class tomorrow, and I need to go prepare for it. Last week's class went okay, and I want to be better for tomorrow. There were only 5 kids there last week, but it reminded me of being in my classroom in Dallas. I was *right* in the middle of a sentence when all-of-a-sudden this 6th-grade girl burst out with, "Do you have a baggie? I need to take my earring out because I'm allergic to metal."

I'm serious. She totally interrupted me to ask for a *baggie*. What in the world? I stared back at her for a second, trying to process what she was telling me, when I finally told her to put her earring on the table and moved on. craziness!

5) The couple's house we were at had just gotten a puppy, and it was adorable! It was an English Spaniel (English Springer Spaniel??), and just so cute! It reminded me of when Lizzie was so small, so here's a picture in remembrance:



6) My neighbor, M., who had a baby boy early summer, is so super nice. She brought me homemade chicken noodle soup when I was sick, and she's bringing me homemade granola later! Just super, super nice.

7) I have *got* to go work on my Sunday school lesson, so have a great evening! (or day, or afternoon, or whenever (if ever!) you read this!)

Leave a Comment